Health & Safety Procedures
As always, we are putting safety first to protect our families and staff.
As we reopen, all teachers and staff will go through extensive training on health and safety practices we’ve developed to set a new standard in child care.
We continue to work closely with our medical advisor and follow health & safety guidelines on protocols for centers in communities that are slowly lifting some restrictions.
- Handwashing and sanitizing. Everyone who enters the building will need to wash hands, and we’ll continue to integrate handwashing into the curriculum. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the center.
- Stay home if sick. If you or your child has been sick, we ask that all household members stay home until they’ve been symptom-free without medication for at least 48 hours. Classrooms will be open to well individuals only.
- Same person drop-off and pick-up. Families are asked to assign one family member for drop off and pick up to minimize exposure to multiple people. If this is not possible, we ask parents to call the center upon arrival and the staff will bring children in from, and out to the car.
- Protective equipment. All teachers will be required to wear masks. Infant and toddler teachers will also wear smocks during close contact in the classroom. We ask that you wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up, or anytime you’re in our center.
- Health screening and temperature checks. All staff will be asked to take their temperature each day and must be fever-free before arriving at our premises. When parents arrive at check-in, we’ll ask them to sanitize their hands, put on gloves, and take their child’s temperature with the center’s no-touch thermometer. Parents will share their child’s temperature reading with the center staff and it will be recorded. Parents will then sign their child(ren) in, and staff will monitor student health throughout the day.
- Restricted classroom access. To minimize potential exposure, we ask that families not walk your child to their classroom when you arrive. Instead, please check in with staff in the lobby, and staff will walk your child to their classroom. Classrooms will be reserved for teachers and children only.
- Social distancing. We’ll continue to practice social distancing as much as possible to reduce risk. To minimize potential exposure, children will continue to keep distance from children and staff in other classrooms.
- Classroom cleanliness. Toys, playground equipment, and other high-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected and rotated throughout the day. We will pause the use of sensory tables, play dough, large pillows or stuffed animals, and other materials that are difficult to clean
Please reach out to your center director for specific protocols in your area, or if you any questions about our health and safety measures. We’re all in this together!